Saturday, October 15, 2005

A little bit about this blog

A little bit about this blog

You may ask why is there a picture of a beautiful beach in the header of your blog? The answer to that is simple. I love the beach! I live just outside of Raleigh, NC and it is a 3-hour ride to the beach which isn't too bad so we visit often. See my post
"Age is a matter of Mind" for a funny story about my last visit to the beach.

Almost every day at work I wear a Hawaiian shirt while everyone else is dressed in a shirt and tie. My body may be at work but my mind is at the beach! (Aaaargggh! Here I am last year at work dressed as a pirate for Halloween.)

The cool rimZ in my sidebar was designed by CapnPlaty using my beach theme. GREAT job CapnPlaty! The template itself was designed by
Blog Frocks . When I first started blogging I just had a generic template. I had good content on my blog and updated daily but I couldn't win any battle of the blogs! Since my redesign I have been doing much better in the battles.

The content of this blog really has no specific format; whatever is on my mind at the moment is what I write about. Sometimes it's politics or current events; often I write about movies or TV shows; many posts are about childhood memories but more often than not I just ramble or rant.

Thanks for stopping by, and please leave a comment.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am new to the blog area. But it seems like a great place to put your thoughts. I might think about doing one someday. But for now, I will enjoy yours. It does, however, make me think of Joan. How she would have loved blogs. She loved to write, like you, and loved to put her thoughts, rants, and ideas on paper. You and her would have had a ball on this together. I am having fun reading yours and remember with you. Love your sister Barb