Thursday, October 27, 2005

Happy Birthday To My Little Sister

Happy Birthday To My Little Sister

Saturday, October 29th is my little sister's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB! I wish we lived closer together so we could be togther on your special day. We miss you.

When we were young children (many, many years ago) Barb and I were so close. She would look up to me, her big brother, and do anything I told her to do. I believe I was responsible for a couple of her broken bones! Once I talked her into walking across the top of a swing set, and she fell off and broke an arm! I 'm sure there were other times also, but I can't remember the details. Even though Barb is in Connecticut and I am in North Carolina, we are still very close and keep in constant touch with one another.

Barb is a special person; a single mom who has done a wonderful job of raising her son Richard. He has turned out to be a fine young man and is engaged to be married. Barb loves life and has many good friends who love her dearly. She is a real family oriented person and is always ready to plan a party or vacation.

She loves animals and has a dog and three cats. Currently she is working full time and going to school in the evenings so she can learn the dog grooming business. When she graduates she plans to open up a dog grooming business of her own!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Barb!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barb! You know, somehow I just KNEW Joan was a tea drinker but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you look like you'd enjoy a cup of coffe every now and again!
Hope you had a great day!
Peace.................

Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Happy birthday Barb :)

Beanhead said...

Happy Birthday Barb. Just wanted to stop in and de-lurk. I have been enjoying your posts for a couple weeks now.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Mike, dear brother, I certainly remember my broken arms! Actually, I thought they were pretty cool. I remember walking the swing set top and getting one and then also swinging on the tarzan swing with one arm to show off for you and your friends (at your request I think!). You were always the best big brother and still are. I love you very much and even though there are miles between us, I know you are just as close as a phone call away. And of course there was the time you did visit without the phone or car if you recall!!! I have so many memories growing up as kids and also as adults. Some families aren't as lucky as you, Joan and I to have had such great memories. But I fell blessed that we did and still do. I Love you Mike.