Thursday, October 20, 2005

Joan would have been a GREAT blogger

Joan Would Have Been A GREAT Blogger

I wish I would have discovered blogging sooner. If only I had know about blogging a few years ago! I would have introduced the blog world to my sister Joan. She would have loved it and instantly became addicted to blogging!

Too late now...Joan died a few years ago at the very young age of 50! She was a teacher; no more than a teacher she was a Special Education Teacher! What patience she had to teach those special children.

Joan used to send all of her friends and family a daily email with details of her trials and tribulations with her students. It would have made perfect blog content. I must confess sometimes I didn't read her emails and just deleted them. Now I am sorry that I did that and I wished I would have saved them all!

Joan was a very special person, she was a bit of a nomad and traveled around from state to state never staying too long in any one place. Joan spent five-years on a Navajo Reservation in Arizona teaching the children there. She loved to write and could have written several books about her travels and teaching experiences. Joan left us way too soon...oh, but she would have loved to blog!

Please visit my web site, http://www.mmarinaro.com/html/joanellen.html and read a tribute to Joan Ellen Marinaro. She would have been a GREAT blogger.

3 comments:

Wildefrost said...

I know that feeling of regret for not saving keepsakes. My mother is terminally ill and although she probably has a lot of years left in her, I try to keep her daily emails to my sister and me. My 80 yr old grandmother is now on her deathbed and I lost the 7 page handwritten autobiography she wrote for me when I was younger. I'd give anything to have that story back.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've got to say that Joan looks really centered and at peace in her life. Definately the type of gal I'd like to have a cup of coffee with. I bet she didn't drink coffee though, hey? Just get that impression for some reason. She looks like an amazing lady. Sorry you lost her so soon.
Peace.................

Anonymous said...

Joan was actually a tea drinker. She definetely would have loved to blog! Her daily e-mails were sometimes long but great. Those kids kept her hopping but also gave her a great deal of joy. She often said "I have found my calling" (meaning being a special education teacher). I miss her. Mike you and her would have been blogging back and forth while agreeing on some things and not on others. It would have been great fun. You always keep her alive in your stories and tributes. Thanks. Love your sister Barb