DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Here we are going into another New Year; a time of reflection on the year gone by and setting goals for the upcoming year. Speaking of goals...here are a few tips for setting goals.
- Set realistic goals - it is important to set goals that you can achieve
- Don't set the bar too low - on the other hand, don't set your goals too low; they should be just out of your reach but not too far that you will never be able to accomplish them
- Write your goals down - out of sight = out of mind; make sure you write your goals down and keep them in plain sight so you can focus on them daily
- Set deadlines - your goals should have deadlines attached to them, this adds a sense of urgency
- Two types of goals - I always try to have at least one short term goal and one long term goal that I am working toward at any given time