Sunday, October 02, 2005

Birthdays


Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Me! I have a birthday coming up on October 11th. I will be 56 years old. It's funny how birthdays really don't mean that much to me anymore, it's just another day. I remember when I was a kid how it was such a big deal to celebrate my birthday. All of my cousins and friends would come to the house and there would be a big party, cake, icecream and lots of presents! Now it really doesn't matter...all of my cousins have scattered around the country, I can't even count them anymore. There are many I haven't even met.

Age is a matter of mind; if you don't mind, it doesn't matter! It's just another year, I don't feel 56 years old, (well, most of the time I don't). Presents - I really don't care if I get any presents, and I can do without a house full of people! I enjoy my peace and quiet. Cake and icecream - OK, you got me there; I still like my cake and icecream. But as far as all that other birthday stuff goes, I can do without it. Birthdays are for kids.

Just curious...what are your thoughts on birthdays?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy if the family says Happy Birthday and I get my favourite dinner.

Anonymous said...

I don't feel the need to make a big deal of it anymore (I'll be 42 before you're 56!), but I think that's because I have great friends and family who always remember it and treat me like royalty on my birthday. It's even a little embarrassing, really, because I'm afraid I'm not as good at remembering other people's birthdays. Maybe that should be my goal for my 43rd year, huh?

Happy Birthday to you!

Sparkling said...

I'm a kid at heart. I love birthdays and Chirstmas, and all the other kids stuff.

Hapy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Just surfing through from Blog Explosion and wanted to say hi!