Monday, November 07, 2005

A Young Doctor Returns Home From Iraq

A Young Doctor Returns Home From Iraq

If you have read my blog before, you know that I am a Bush fan and a Veteran who believes that sometimes war is necessary. I would like to take a moment to salute my young cousin Dr. Joseph McQuade, who recently returned home from a half-year tour of duty in Fallujah, Iraq. Good job cousin, glad you are home safe! Sorry this is a month late being posted!

Cousin Joseph would be a GREAT blogger, he faithfully sent e-mails every day to all of his family members detailing his experiences in Iraq. If you are reading this Joe and if you have the time, you should start a blog!

Dr. McQuade's homecoming was very special because not only did he get to see his wife, Cathy and two other children but he met his new daughter, Isabella for the first time! She was born while he was in Iraq and Joe got to see her for the first time when he returned home in September.

The McQuade's had a double celebration when Joseph returned, they had a homecoming and aBaptism for baby Isabella. Wish I could have been there to celebrate, but I could not make it. You can read an article from The Long Island Catholic Newspaper about Dr. McQuade on my website.
Read full article

A big THANK YOU to my cousin Dr. Joseph McQuade and to all the men and women who are doing their duty and serving our country far away from home!



1 comment:

Angie said...

A BIG welcome home to your cousin!! I'm a Bush fan, too, though not a veteran, but I feel the same way about war that you do. I knew I liked you for more than one reason. ;)