Wednesday, November 16, 2005

How Safe Is Air Travel?


How Safe Is Air Travel?

With the Holiday season quickly approaching and many families making travel arrangements, the question arises as to how safe is air travel these days.

Here is an excerpt from an article in USA Today...Passenger planes carried 6 billion pounds of cargo last year, and only a very small percentage is inspected...read the entire article in USA Today:
Most Airline Cargo Isn't Checked For Exlosives


There is a website called www.airsafe.com where you will find all kinds of information on airline safety records and events that have occured. This is a very cool site, check it out.

For a humorous look at the topic read this article from www.weeklyworldnews.com

Many changes have been made to improve airport security since 911, but I still get butterflies in my stomach everytime I have to fly! I used to enjoy looking out the window of the plane and taking in all the beauty of the clouds and the earth far below! Now I spend my time in flight observing the faces of the other passengers trying to figure out who may be a terrorist!

Oh, let's not forget about all the time I spend praying while I am traveling!

Let me know how you feel about flying these days. Please leave a comment.

No comments: