Sunday, November 13, 2005

Here a Shoe, There a Shoe, Everywhere a Shoe, Shoe

Here a Shoe, There a shoe, Everywhere a Shoe, Shoe

I was trying to find something in our closet the other day and it proved to be no easy task due to the mountain of shoes I had to dig through! I noticed that there were a total of five pairs of shoes in that mess that belonged to me. Black dress shoes, brown dress shoes, sneakers, work boots, and a pair of cowboy boots. I would hazard a guess that five is about the average amount of shoes in a man's closet.

The rest of the huge pile of shoes belongs to my wife. I lost count, but there are over a hundred pair of shoes in that closet. If you were to open the trunk of her car, you would find several more pairs of shoes in there as well.

The next day I went into work and asked all the women there how many pairs of shoes they owned. I was not surprised at their answers. Most of them had more than 100 pair of shoes! Why the need for so many shoes?

Of course when asked what would happen if they were to get a new dress, guess what...they would need to buy a new pair of shoes. Why is that necessary? There are already hundreds of shoes in every shape, style and color imaginable in the closet! Surely you could find something to match your new outfit without having to run to the shoe store!

How is it that men can survive with only a few pair of shoes yet women need hundreds? Please leave your comments and explain to me why women need so many shoes. Also tell me how many pairs of shoes you own.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Mike, I have 5 pairs of shoes. Five. 3 of those pair I have had for a few years. I suppose if I had a little more money I might have more, but, dang, I have 3 kids to buy shoes for, too! I like shoes, ok, but not to the point where I would have 100 pair. There are other things I'd rather spend my money on, anyway.

Melanie said...

I have a pair of flip flops. But they are almost dead so I am going to have to go buy some. They are never going to hold up through the snow that feel this morning, darn it. My collection is tank tops, love the tank! See what happens when you take a Cali girl and move her to Idaho,lol.

eph2810 said...

Awwww - could have been my closet :)

WendyWings said...

Nine pairs. My husband actually has more shoes then I do.