Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Advertising -- Does it really work?

Advertising - Does it really work?

We are deluged with advertisments everywhere we go, especially this time of the year. I'm curious to know if these ads really work? Please leave a comment and let me know if you have ever bought anything specifically because of an advertisment. Be sure to also tell me what type of ad it was.

  • TV
  • Radio
  • Newspaper
  • Magazine
  • Email
  • Website or blog banner
  • Internet pop-up ad
  • Google Adsense
  • Direct mail
  • In store advertisment
Remember there are less than two-weeks till Christmas...why are you sitting there reading this blog when you should be out shopping?


1 comment:

the bloke said...

Sure - I can think of much that I have bought solely because of a commercial, or infomercial. One I can think of are the Sonic toothbrushes.

Incidentally, at work, I am involved in a committee to evaluate our spending on advertising. We are discussing the effectiveness of our company's advertising strategies, for while we cannot directly account for much direct sales from our expenses in advertising, yet we all feel that our advertising has indirectly affected sales (sales grew 50% over the year). Yet, we feel we can still improve our advertising strategies.