Sunday, June 18, 2006

When I'm Sixty-Four

When I'm Sixty-Four

It was a long time ago when Sir Paul McCartney wrote the words, "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?" Paul wrote the song, When I'm Sixty-Four when he was a teenager as a tribute to his father, Jim McCartney. but it wasn't released until 1967 on the album Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Today, McCartney turns sixty-four and plans to celebrate with his family. He is not losing his hair, nor does he have to scrimp and save as the lyrics state; Paul does have grandchildren, though none of them are named Vera, Chuck or Dave. Due to his recent break up with his second wife, I don't know who will be feeding Paul when he turns sixty-four but I'm sure he will land on his feet!

Paul McCartney is one of the greatest musicians of all time and The Beatles are by far the best band ever! You go Paul!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL McCARTNEY

No comments: