Wednesday, June 07, 2006

How to Make Money on the Internet

How to Make Money on the Internet

Like many before me, one of the very first things I tried on the Internet was an online store selling products I bought at wholesale and sold for a profit. This worked well for me at flea markets and via mail order in the past so I figured it would do great on the Internet. WRONG!


There are so many competitors out there on the web my store didn't stand a chance. Unless you have a really unique product that is a tough way to make money.


Next I tried E-Bay but didn't do very well there either. Some people are succesful at E-Bay, but it just wasn't for me. So I put on my thinking cap and decided that I had to find a niche market. I already had designed websites for a couple of churches (for free) and thought that maybe I could turn that into a business.

I set up a website for myself with a catchy domain name,
Webdesign4Him and I was in business. It cost me about $9.95 a year for a domain name and $3.95 a month for webhosting. I use Go Daddy for domain names and webhosting, they have GREAT prices. I printed up my own business cards and I was good to go.

Now to find some customers. No problem, there are churches everywhere. The easiest and most cost effective way to contact them was with a phone call. However, I hate the telephone so I had to come up with another plan.
I did research on the Internet and found many places where there lists of churches in my area, a good place to start. Many of them already had websites, so I eliminated them.

Next I contacted the ones with an email address listed but no website. This didn't cost me anything. I picked up a couple of customers and they recommended me to other churches. I was on a roll.


The moral of this story is -- you can make money on the Internet, just find a niche market and you are off to a good start.
I will continue in future posts. Please check back soon and feel free to leave a comment.

Coming soon: How to make money with Google AdSense and Affiliate programs that really work.

No comments: