Friday, June 02, 2006

Big Brother is Watching You


Big Brother is Watching You!

According to a new study, about a third of big companies in the United States and Britain hire employees to read and analyze outbound e-mail as they seek to guard against legal, financial or regulatory risk. Click Here to read full story.

Be careful what you are doing with your e-mail because chances are it is being read by more people than you realize. The company I used to work for was always firing people for e-mail violations or for using the computer to surf the Internet when they were supposed to be working. I hope no one from my current job is reading this...because I do spend a lot of time during working hours blogging or surfing the Internet!

Please leave a comment and tell me how much time you spend during working hours surfing the Internet, blogging, playing computer games, chatting online, or sending personal e-mails.

(I promise I won't tell your boss.)



1 comment:

MsDemmie said...

Luckily being my own boss I do not have to worry about such things. All I have to do is justify my internet bill to the taxman - although this has ceased to be so much of a problem now most ISP's charge flat rates.