Monday, June 26, 2006

Save The Ten Commandments

Save The Ten Commandments

Faith and Action, America’s only Christian outreach located across the street from the U.S. Supreme Court, has launched a national petition drive in support of its display of the Ten Commandments. The Government of the District of Columbia has ordered the display to be removed from the organization’s garden in front of its property.

Click Here for full story from The Christian NewsWire.

I believe this country was founded on Christian principles and I do not see how anyone has the right to tell us what we can or cannot display on our property. Please leave a comment with your thoughts on this matter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it not come under freedom of speech, or is the written word not included.
i'm not American, or a practicing Christian but i see no reason for it to be removed.
I hope they get to keep it.

Jod{i} said...

Irks me...to no end.
I ws raised Catholic..I do not practice any one religion..I have a faith, I choose not to label it..
Hence, It is my privy yes?
I am irritated that pople have NOTHING better to do with their lives than to crab on about how a sign is impeding their lives...argggg.
People need to be positive and creative..If their lives would be more "enlightened" by their views and values, then use them in a way to better society.
Which their cause does not.
I agree, this country was founded on Religious principles, Laws are written based on them, in the true breaking down of it.
I find their rhetoric to be in my face and insulting. Where as, I tune them out blah blah blah...
Okay I am done babbling...
Peace

utenzi said...

You are in need of an update here, Mike.

Rescinding an earlier order, the government of the District of Columbia this week decided to allow a religious group to keep a monument of the Ten Commandments that had been erected in a front yard across the street from the U.S. Supreme Court.