Saturday, June 03, 2006

What Do You Think About Taylor Hicks?



What Do You Think About Taylor Hicks?

The newest American Idol winner, Taylor Hicks pulled in 36.4 million votes in the show's season finale! I guess there are a few people out there who like him! I am one of those people; however, I was not able to get through on the phone lines to vote in the finale. I tried unsuccessfully for several hours.

Taylor recently signed a multi-million dollar record deal! He is hoping to get his album on store shelves by the end of this year. He will have two songs available in stores on June 13th. "Do I make you proud", which he sang in the show's finale; and his own version of The Doobie Brother's classic, "Takin' it to the streets" will be his first release.

There were many talented singers in this year's competition, but I was pulling for Taylor right from the start of the season. I like Taylor because first of all he has grey hair like me, and it's nice to see an older guy win a competition that usually favors the younger generation! Hicks is 29 years old, practically a dinosaur compared to the other contestants!

He is from Birmingham, Alabama; another great talent from the south! I live in North Carolina so I always pull for the contestents from the south. I can't say much for his dancing skills, but he does have a lot of fun when he is performing which adds to his charm! When I look at him he reminds me of a cross between Elvis and George Clooney! Taylor also impressed me with his harmonica playing.

Please leave your comments and let me know if you are a Taylor Hicks fan or if you thought someone else should have won.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I liked Taylor right from the begining. I don't think he is American Idol material though. The music is so diffrent from the last winners. I don't think he will be happy with them controling his musical decisions for the next year or however long his contract is good ofr.

Anonymous said...

I wanted Chris to win but I'm glad Taylor won between him and Kat!

Anonymous said...

I love Taylor!

Unknown said...

I was rooting for Chris for a good portion of the show, with taylor close behind. And I'm really glad he won! I ended up check out Taylor's CD 'Under the Radar' and was really impressed. So hopefully he'll be able to write most of his own song on this up coming album.

Anonymous said...

Taylor was my guy from the beginning, but I hate both songs that are going to be on the album. Hopefully, the other songs are better.

Anonymous said...

I definitely wanted Kat to win instead of Taylor, oh well. I can't wait till next season though, hopefully my favorite will actually win next time. Btw, I found this funny AI cartoon spoof online at www.WhoWillCare.net that I wanted to pass on to my fellow Idol fanatics. Enjoy!