Monday, May 15, 2006

How was your Mother's Day?

I know there are many Mommy bloggers out there...I would like to hear what was the best thing and the worst thing (if any) about your Mother's Day. Please leave a comment. What did you love about Mother's Day, and what sucked?

I cooked breakfast for my wife, we sat on the patio outside and watched the hummingbirds and other birds as we ate. Then we went to church. After church we went out to brunch where we were joined by my wife's daughter, our niece and her husband, my wife's sister and her husband and my wife's best friend.
We enjoyed a our brunch at an Italian restaurant. They had a singer there and the food was great.

It was nice to be with our family who are in this area and we exchanged gifts and flowers for all the Mom's at lunch.
Then we went home and relaxed the rest of the day. My wife received a gift certificate for a Swedish Massage at a local SPA.

Please share your day with us.

3 comments:

MsDemmie said...

Mother's Day in the UK is slightly different as it is tied in with the church calendar.

This year my daughter cooked , I had wild flowers - but my greatest gift was being able to spend good time with my frail mother.

EJL said...

Best thing; I am a scrapbooker...my son did a mother's day tribute in his scrapbook as my mother's day card. Got the whole day with my hubby and my son!
Worst thing; Invited my mother in law to breakfast at a 5star place, she then invited 5 other poeple pushing our reservation over the max, had to go to a bummy place to accomodate everyone. For once I wish she would think about me.

Anonymous said...

I performed the massage on my wife for Mother's Day. Why not try it for next one?