Thursday, May 11, 2006

How Many Shoes Do You Need?

WOW -- I was trying to find something in our closet the other morning and I had to dig through piles of shoes! Not my shoes, I only have a pair of black dress shoes; a pair of brown dress shoes; a pair of sneekers and a pair of cowboy boots.

The piles of shoes belong to my wife; I did not have time to count them but I'm sure there are over 100 pairs of shoes in our closet alone! Now if you were to look in my wife's car, you would find at least 5 or 6 more pairs of shoes!


This prompted me to start asking other people how many pairs of shoes they owned. I asked everyone at work and here's what I found out.

The women all said the same thing, they had no idea how many shoes they owned. Most of them said over 100 pair easily. The men on the other hand replied they only had 4-5 pair of shoes.

Why do women need so many pairs of shoes? Of course if there were a special occasion coming up a man would wear what he already has in the closet, but not a woman...she will have to run out and get a new outfit and a new pair of shoes to match! What's up with that?

Please leave a comment and tell me how many pairs of shoes you own. If you feel the need to purchase more shoes, check out this website, they offer GREAT DEALS!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me think, I have about 7-8 shoes. 2 pair of boots, one brown and one black. Various heels and a pair of tennis shoes.

Anonymous said...

Wow 100 pairs?
I have about 5 or 6 pairs that I wear regularly, and I have about another 4 pairs that are about to go out in the garbage any day now.

Unknown said...

erm, I lost count after the 100th pairs ....

BUT I only wear 2 on regular basis, the rest just sit quietly somewhere

MsDemmie said...

ooooooooooops - I am in the 100 pair plus department too.

Why do I have so many? Some people collect stamps, some people collect music - I collect shoes - and yes they have all been worn at least once.

JoyceB said...

Hmmmm. I was going to hop in and say I only have a couple of pairs... but then I kept thinking of other shoes I have but just never ever wear.

All together I have 6 pairs of shoes. 2 pairs of heels, 1 pair hiking boots, 1 pair of rubber work boots, 1 pair of clunky sandals, one pair of new balance. Only wear the sneakers, sandals & the rubber boots when necessary.

There's more than you wanted to know!

Anonymous said...

I have a measly 35 pairs...and most of them are black.

And oh, hello. :)