Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl-Super Bucks

I don't usually watch sports on TV, I would much rather watch a good movie or a funny sit-com. However; I do watch the Super Bowl every year. Not because I pulling for my favorite team, most of the time I couldn't even tell you who is playing! The reason I watch the Super Bowl is because I love the commercials!

When the Super Bowl first premiered back in 1967, $40,000.00 would buy you a 30-second commercial. The cost today is $83,000.00 per second -- that's around $2.5 million for a 30-second spot! All that money will buy you an expected 90 million viewers during the game.

This year you can go to ifilm and watch the commercials online. You can even download them. I believe the commercials will also be available on ipods this year.

One of my favorite ads was the Bud Light commercial where the pilot jumped out of the plane to get the Bud Light. I'll post tomorrow about my favorite commercial from this year.

I like the commercials so much I even went to SpotBowl and downloaded a score sheet to rate the ads.You can vote on line for your favorite ad at the SpotBowl website.

Leave a comment here about your favorites.

No comments: