Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sleeping With a Partner Makes You Stupid!

WOW -- can you believe this? Research reveals that sleeping with a partner makes you stupid!

This has got to be one of the dumbest studies I have ever seen. A University of Vienna study, published today in New Scientist, showed that men suffer temporary mental setbacks if they share their bed because their sleep is always disturbed whether they make love to their partners or not.
The researchers interviewed eight unmarried couples in their 20s who were asked to spend 10 nights with their partners, and 10 nights alone. Read the full article here.

I don't know about you, but personally, I prefer to sleep with my wife. If for some reason I sleep alone, I have a hard time falling asleep and toss and turn much more than when we are sleeping together!

I'd love to hear from others on this subject. Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

zandperl said...

While most men reported a better night's sleep with their partner, their test results were better on nights they slept alone.

This is a case where people's opinions are apparently wrong. Although you feel like you slept better, your tests show you didn't. So which is more important to you, how you psychologically/emotionally feel, or how you really physically perform?