Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Is This Thing On?

Is This Thing On?

You would think that after being in the public eye for several years one would get used to checking to see if anyone was watching. Well, Mr. Bush the microphone was turned on while you were chatting with Mr. Blair and the whole world heard your comments!

" See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over," Bush told Blair as he chewed on a buttered roll.

I'm actually a big fan of President Bush, so I am not knocking him here. I think it's rather funny, and Mr. Bush just rolled his eyes when he was told about the blooper.

The unscripted comments came during a lunch at the Group of Eight summit.The world leaders clearly did not realize that a live microphone was picking up their uncensored comments.

2 comments:

Emily Suess said...

I firmly believe these things are not mistakes. He wanted the world to hear what he said.

Ben said...

Bush has fans? And he wanted the world to hear him sounding like he didnt know what he was talking about (again)?

Interesting theories...I'm very certain this administration has yet to have an unapproved leak, but I don't see the advantage to this one.

I'm just tired of our representative to the world looking like a moronic asshole. 2008 can't get here soon enough.