Monday, February 16, 2009

Looking for friends and students of Joan Marinaro


Looking for friends and students of Joan Marinaro

My sister Joan Ellen Marinaro passed away in 2003. I am working on writing a book about her which will include her poetry and some stories from friends, fellow teachers and students.

When you think of Joan, you should remember bright colors, especially purple; jewelry everywhere, fun outfits, her laughter, her love for the children she taught, gardening, her unconditional love for animals and especially her beautiful smile. If my sister touched your life, please email me at mmarinaro@nc.rr.com and share your memories.


Joan was a teacher in Connecticut, Texas, Oregon, and Arizona. She also spent several years on a Navajo Reservation in Arizona teaching. If you remember Joan, please contact me.


You can read a little more about Joan Ellen Marinaro by clicking here.

No comments: