Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lottery Tickets


It's been a long time coming...North Carolina has been fighting the lottery ever since I can remember. Finally we have a state lottery now. I thought I would give it a try today and bought $5.00 worth of scratch off tickets. Two $2.00 tickets and one $1.00 ticket.

This must be my lucky day because two out of the three tickets turned out to be WINNERS! One ticket was worth $20.00 the other $7.00. Not quite enough to quit my job and retire on my winnings, but I'll take the $27.00! Thank you very much.
I play the lottery once in a while and usually spend $5.00 at a time.

I'm curious to know what everyone else spends on lottery tickets.
Please answer the following question by leaving a comment: How much money do you spend on lottery tickets each week?
  • $1-$5
  • $6-$10
  • $11-$20
  • More than $20 per week
  • I do not play the lottery

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

I wandered onto your blog via the DHS Class of 67 page. I'm an alum of Class of 69. Interestingly, we both ended up in NC. I'm living in Hillsborough right now so we're practically neighbors. How small world is that?

As to your question, I used to spend about four bucks a week when I lived in MA. I'm not a big fan of scratch tickets but I bought four dollar tickets last week. I've been winning from $1 to $7 and rolling them over. So far I'm about $5 bucks ahead.

I'll keep playing until I lose on this round and then expect I'll play about ten bucks a month. I'm not a big gambler.

John Burkholder said...

I spend between 1 and 5 dollars. that is only when the jackpot is above 100 million. I am cheap I guess.

Scottage said...

I don't get them....I never win, no sense in throwing away my money.