Monday, April 10, 2006

Embarrassing Moment


Normally my wife and I will remember to turn off our cell phones while we are at the movies, in a meeting or at church. However, this was not the case last Sunday. My wife sings in the choir at our church, so she sits right up there in front of the whole congregation.

The timing was perfect, and could not have been planned any better if we had tried. The minister was in the middle of his sermon and came to a place where he paused for a moment for effect. Suddenly my wife's cell phone starts to ring loudly, she turns beet-red and quickly trys to shut it off but can't find it in her pocketbook.

After what seemed like an eternity she managed to silence the offending cell phone. Our minister, without missing a beat, continues with his sermon adding, "It appears that God has a special message for us!"

I think my wife will remember to turn off her cell phone in church from now on. I felt so sorry for her embarrassing moment. I guess I have now added to her embarrassment by posting it on the Internet for the whole world to see!

Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

feedscott said...

I won't even take a cell into church for that reason LOL