Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Great Chicken Recipe

Great Chicken Recipe

I didn't know what to blog about today so I figured I share a special recipe that I made last night for dinner. Actually, I never measure anything or use an actual recipe; I cook the way my Italian Grandmother taught me. When I would ask her how she made something she would always reply. "I add a pinch of this, a dash of that and a whole lot of love!"

Chicken Marinated in Greek or Italian Vinergerette Dressing

You can use any type of salad dressing you like. Just pour some dressing in a big bowl and soak chicken breasts or thighs in it, place in refrigerator covered for 2-4 hours and let it marinate. Before you put the chicken in poke some holes in each piece using a fork so the marinate will soak in.

After 2-4 hours place chicken in baking dish and pour the marinate over it so the bottom of dish has a little in it and make sure chicken is thouroughly covered with marinate. Sprinkle some spices on chicken, I always use parsely, basil, garlic salt, thyme and dill weed. Bake in oven at 350 degress 45-60 minutes. Make sure you turn chicken over at least once during the baking. It will come out nice and moist and simply delicious.

I usually make baked potatoes and a vegetable to go with this. Instead of butter on potatoes I pour a little of the marinate over the potatoes after they are baked. HHHHMMMM GOOD!

Let me know if you try this and how you liked it. Please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.