Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Traditions

Holiday Traditions

Every family has their own holiday traditions. Here are a couple of ours, please leave a comment and share your own.

Thanksgiving

As we sit around the dinner table we take turns sharing what it is we are most thankful for this year. Even when it has been a tough year like we have had here since both my wife and I were laid off and I lost my driver's license due to vision problems. I am thankful for the one half-way decent eye that I do have and the Internet which allows me to earn money by working from home!

Day After Thanksgiving

Count me out of this one...it's a girls only tradition! All the women have a sleepover and get up before the crack of dawn to hit the malls for a full day of shopping.

Christmas Eve

Family and friends gather at our house for dinner. After dinner we go to church then we come back home and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and celebrate with a birthday cake. Then it's time to open the presents! This is great for the kids because they get to open presents twice...once on Christmas Eve at our house, then again on Christmas morning in their own home!

Please share some of your traditions by leaving a comment.

Happy Holidays

No comments: