Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Praise Band Questions

I play in our Praise Band at church and have a few questions which I hope I can get some answers to here.

We play your standard hymns and a little contemporary Christian music as well as some original songs. I play the guitar, mountain dulcimer and harmonica. We have two other guitar players and a few vocalists. Our problem is coming up with new songs to do each week.

Where do we find Praise Band music? We are not really crazy about the contemporary Christian music that is out there and we can only play so many old standard hymns over and over again!

We have taken some old rock and roll songs and changed the lyrics around to fit the church crowd and that seems to have worked well. Everyone likes the songs we do with the dulcimer, but it's hard to find mountain dulcimer music.

We play every week and we keep recycling the same songs over and over. Where can we find good praise songs?

Anyone out there with suggestions? Please leave your comments here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mike!
I'm a member of LifeChurch.tv, and we have some VERY COOL worship music!
Check out the website. We offer all of our resources to any other church for free, so if you see anything you like, you're welcome to it.
We have some cool graphics, videos and ( I think ) songs.
At least maybe it will give you some good ideas.
Thanks, and God bless!

cmmdtp said...

Thanks for the comment. I really didn't expect any comments on this post, let alone a great resource link. I checked out your website...awesome! Didn't have a chance to dig deep...but what I saw so far was great. Thanks again.

Mike